MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO PAY YOU FULL GAS AND ELECTRIC BILLS EACH MONTH.
BE AGGRESSIVE ABOUT ENERGY USE IN YOUR HOME BY FOLLOWING THESE TIPS:
- Change your furnace filter every 2-3 months.
- Use compact fluorescent bulbs.
- Use a microwave instead of a stove.
- Buy ENERGY STAR appliances and equipment.
- Set water heaters on medium.
- Install low-flow shower heads.
- Turn off lights, computer, monitors, video game consoles and TV’s when not in use.
- Unplugging your devices when not in use eliminates energy loss–or use a power strip!
- It takes less energy to reheat or cool your home when you get back than to leave it running while you are gone.
- Set thermostat to 68-72 degrees.
- Set thermostat to 55 degrees when away.
- Open blinds to let in the sun.
- Close blinds when it is dark to keep the heat in.
- Wear warm clothes.
- Set air conditioner to 78-82 degrees.
- Set air conditioner to at least 85 degrees when away.
- Turn off air conditioner and open windows at night to let the cool air in.
The DOVE Center is dedicated to providing shelter, advocacy and counseling for survivors of domestic abuse, dating violence, sexual assault, rape, sex trafficking and stalking in Southern Utah 24-hours a day.
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA)
Get your taxes done for free and learn more about the Earned Income Tax Credit.
Emergency Rental Assistance can help renters who are unable to pay their rent and utilities due to circumstances related to COVID-19.
The Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) helps low-income individuals and families reduce energy consumption and costs to increase comfort and safety in their homes.
- Salvation Army
- Utah Weatherization Assistance Program
- Utah Affordable Housing Data Base
- 211 United Way
- Utah Health and Human Services Information and Referral
- The National Energy and Utility Affordability Coalition
- Circuit Breaker Property Tax Relief Programs
- IRS – Order a tax transcript
- Social Security Administration – Get records online
- AAA Fair Credit Foundation